Dindo Caraig casually announces sexual orientation: "I want to be free'


Dindo Caraig

Young singer Dindo Caraig had no qualms declaring he is "a member of the LGBTQ community" at the launch of his single "Kung Hindi Ikaw."

He said so when asked about the music video for the song with storyline that hinted at his sexual preference. Taking the chance to be transparent, he explained that he wants to be "free" and he doesn't want his public to keep guessing about it instead of focusing on his music.


"Kung Hindi Ikaw" was composed by Vehneee Saturno, who also wrote "Sana Naman" which was the 80s hit song of Dindo's mentor Roeder Camanag.       

“The song really fits his voice,” Saturno said in a prepared statement. “Dindo possesses a unique range and voice quality that sets him apart.”


At the press conference, Roeder talked about helping Dindo finetune his vocal style and discover the full potential of his prowess. Apparently, Dindo used to unintentionally "mimic their sound instead of embracing my own.” 

“And that hindered my growth as an artist,” the young singer said. “I’m more confident now that I’ve found my real sound. The technique coach Roeder taught me expanded my vocal range, especially in hitting those high notes.”


As for recording a Vehnee Saturno song, Dindo said it's no less a dream come true. 

“I’ve always admired Vehnee’s compositions. To have the opportunity to breathe life into one of his creations is both thrilling and humbling.”


As Dindo prepares for the release of “Kung Hindi Ikaw,” he remains hungry for knowledge and growth. 

“There’s so much more to learn,” he said with enthusiasm. “Every day is a chance to refine my craft, connect with my audience, and create music that resonates with them.”



Comments