Dom Guyot ushers in a new musical milestone with dreamy, sentimental single, “guho”


As part of his blossoming music career, Dom Guyot releases a new single “guho,” which speaks the language of all-encompassing love. Here, the singer-songwriter emphasizes how love can transcend death, as it talks about loving someone until the very last second—the final breath of life. 

“The song itself doesn’t have a singular inspiration. The lines from the verses are all derived from the people around me [whom] I really love and admire,” Dom shares, when asked about the inspiration behind the track. “The track expresses qualities I see in specific people (friends and family) that I want my future lover to possess. So I guess you could say guho is a product of the love I felt from everyone around me throughout the years.”

 

Dom expresses emotions through the Filipino language, which he regards as close to “his heart and home.” This diverges from his usual choice of English lyrics, as each Filipino line woven into the lyrical narrative brim with detail and intention. 

 

Paired with orchestral instruments, a hazy synth, and dynamic vocals, the single perfectly captures the authenticity of true, unconditional love. 

 

“The track is sentimental. It’s the first time I sing using the Filipino language, which is truly close to my home and heart. And the track has a very dreamy quality, giving it a much more tender and nostalgic feel.”


 

For Dom, guho ushers in a new era of his musical journey. It’s a shift from what his fans know him for so far, as he wants to showcase more of the culture and language he’s proud of. He also teases fans with talks of more live performances, fun content, and intricate and dream-like pieces. 

 

For now, it’s time to feed your soul with guho and discover what it means to love and be loved

Comments