Psychedelic rock artist Monét Ngo explores difficult life situations with his new single ‘Strawberry Fields’


Vietnamese-American artist and school teacher Monét Ngo is set to release his new single ‘Strawberry Fields’, which expresses a deep and heartfelt meaning about living through difficult times. 

The track uses hyperpop influenced production such as vocal pitching, distortion and electronic synthesis which combines with alternative rock style chords and drum beats.

 It’s a unique blend of multiple genres of music that stand out in a saturated genre, able to express feeling and emotion through a unique style and approach.

Creating his TikTok account a few months ago, Monét Ngo has garnered almost 1 million likes and over 30,5k followers,where he posts daily about himself and his music.

Since the release of his debut ‘Lonestar’ in April 2022, Monét Ngo has gained over 144,000 monthly listeners, with over 1.1million plays across his two current releases.

Strawberry Fields was written about living through difficult times and reminiscing on the good times. Monét Ngo writes, “Strawberry Fields is about a time in my life where I was living out of my car with my ex-girlfriend . We were in an unstable housing situation and had nowhere else to sleep except my 2004 Toyota Camry. In the song I reflect on these weird transitional periods in my life, finding myself wanting to go back to that time. The song pays homage to The Beatles “Strawberry Fields Forever” using strawberry fields as a metaphor for a memory that you hold  deep in your heart."

Comments